Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cold sore

So I'm getting ready for work and the cold sore scab splits. How much blood can really come out of such a little spot? A lot. It reminds me of the most horrible cold sore that I had several years back when I had kicked dope for the 15th or so time. That cold sore looked like I had tried to insert a plate in my lip, like a tribesperson from South American, and the experiment had gone wrong. (Jesus Christ, just looked in the mirror and it's a huge glop of crimson.) It was like a pus-filled duckbill. It was horrible.
And I had just started at a new job. Of course, I had to acknowledge it to everyone I encountered. "Hi, I know I have this vile growth on my face. I know it's disgusting. Pleased to meet you, what did you say your name was?" My new coworkers looked slightly baffled during these encounters. Thing was, I had to make sure that they knew that I knew about the growth on my face. I knew I was a monster.
The students have been asking me throughout the day, pointing to their lips, "what is that?!" They pretend to be concerned and curious, but I swear they're just making fun of me. I see those kindergarten children smirk. They've asked about pimples, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment